1. What is a French macaron?
A French macaron is a sweet meringue-based cookie made with egg whites, sugar, almond flour, and is filled with either a buttercream, jam, or chocolate ganache.
2. What are the ingredients in each macaron?
Ingredients: almond flour, butter, sugar, white eggs, fresh fruits, fruit puree, heavy cream, cocoa, Pistachio, coconut, coffee, vanilla natural, Natural lavender emulsion, natural jasmine Emulsion, natural rosewater flavor, natural lychee flavor, Natural crème brulee flavor, nutella, natural cappuccino flavor, natural orange blossom flavor, peanut butter, honey, matcha green tea, salt, pumpkin mix, cinnamon, chestnut, sesame, food coloring FD & C.
3. What is the size of your macarons?
Our macarons are approximately 2 inches in diameter.
4. For how long will your macarons stay fresh?
Outside of the refrigerator . . . our macarons stay fresh for up to 12 hours.
In the refrigerator . . . our macarons stay fresh for up to one week.
In the freezer . . . Our macarons stay fresh for up to 6 months (provided they are kept in a closed container and not exposed to humidity).
5. Are your macarons Gluten Free?
Yes, all of our macarons are gluten free!
6. Do your macarons have trans fats?
Our macarons are trans fat free!
7. Do your macarons contain nuts?
Yes, our macarons may contain traces of nuts as our bakery is not nut-free.
8. Where are your macarons made?
We are proud to say that all our macarons are made in NYC.
9. Where do you source your ingredients?
We are proud to say that all of our ingredients are sourced from American purveyors!
10. Are your macarons Kosher?
Yes, all of our macarons are Kosher. Under the supervision of Cup K, certificates are delivered by Rabbi Steinberg from Brooklyn. Click here to see our certification.
11. Are your macarons Parve?
Our macarons are mainly dairy (except a small Parve selection see below), but are not Chalav Yisrael. For more information please contact Julie Ben-David: email@example.com
• Strawberry rhubarb
12. What is the best way to order macarons for delivery / pick-up / shipping?
Our boutiques do not take orders over the phone. Please visit our order page to place your order.
13. What is your Manhattan delivery zone?
We deliver in Manhattan up to 116th Street.
14. How much does it cost to deliver in Manhattan?
Delivery orders in Manhattan are flat fee of $15.
15. When do you do deliveries in Manhattan?
We deliver in Manhattan M-F; morning deliveries are from 10 to 1pm and afternoon deliveries are from 2pm to 5pm.
16. Do you deliver in Manhattan on the weekends?
No, we do not deliver on Saturdays, Sundays, or Holidays.
17. When do I need to place an order for next day delivery?
All orders must be placed by 8 PM for next day delivery.
18. What if I need macarons delivered on the same day?
If you place your order online before 4 pm, please select “delivery in 2 hours” for a $25 delivery fee. This service is for delivery in Manhattan only.
19. Will I receive the invoice with the delivery of macarons?
No, the invoice does not arrive with the delivery. We send an email confirmation for your online order.
20. Why are some macaron boxes only available for Manhattan pick up and delivery but not for shipping?
Our Manhattan-only boxes are not strong enough and will not protect the macarons during shipping.
21. What happens if I am having trouble ordering through the website?
Please call our office at 212-465-0510, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
22. What do I do to follow-up and/or make changes to my order?
If you want to follow up on your order or make any changes please call the office with your order confirmation in hand, tel: 212-465-0510. Monday –Friday: 9am-5pm.
23. How much notice do I need to give if I’m modifying or cancelling my order?
Modifications to orders or cancellations require 24 hours’ notice.
24. What if I place an order with less than 24 hours’ notice?
Orders received with less than 24 hours’ notice are final sale and cannot be canceled or modified. All orders are subject to availability. If a shortage exists for any item you will be notified.
25. What do I do if my gift message doesn’t appear on the order confirmation?
If your gift message doesn’t appear on the order confirmation, please send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order confirmation number in the subject line.
26. Where do you ship macarons?
We ship our macarons nationwide in the US and in Canada.
27. How does shipping work?
Please order online and enter the date you want the macarons to be delivered. We use UPS/FedEx for all our shipping outside Manhattan. We use ground service (1 or 2 days) for states in the North East, and 2nd day air for all the other states. We can only ship macarons 2 Day Air as the macarons need to be fresh. Every box we ship, whether ground or 2 Day Air, includes a cool pack and a thermal envelop to ensure freshness.
28. How should I store the macarons once I receive them?
We advise that you put the macarons in the refrigerator immediately upon delivery?
29. I received a box of macarons while I was not home - can I still eat them?
You are the best judge, it depends on how they look and how they were kept. If they were outside in winter weather they should be fine. However, if they were stored inside a warm delivery room for a few days, they shouldn’t be good.
30. What are your hours?
MacarOn Cafe Fashion District:
161 West 36th street (between 7th Avenue and Broadway)
Saturday from 10 am-7pm
Closed on Sunday
MacarOn Café Madison:
44 East 59th Street between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue
Monday –Friday 7am-8pm
For holiday hours, please call the boutique: 212-486-2470
Weddings, Special Events, and Corporate Accounts
31. How do I order macarons for my wedding, special event, or corporate account?
Please visit our wedding page.
32. How do I order macarons wholesale for my retail shop, catering company, or hotel?
Please visit our wholesale page.